Have you ever been blindsided by unexpected curveballs that swiftly torpedo your grand plans, leaving you helplessly gazing out the window in a melancholic daze? Our guest today, Orit, knows a thing or two about life’s sudden plot twists. As a circus performer hit hard by the pandemic, she’s seen it all. Today Orit is sharing her incredible journey, from the importance of asking for help to building connections and not letting the illusion of perfection get in your way. Listen now!
***NOTE: Orit is currently living in central Israel, so we reached out to check on her last week. Orit has assured us she and her family are safe, and are managing as best they can. She gave her blessing to release the episode, hopes it inspires listeners, and encourages anyone interested in working with her to reach out.
If, like us, the enormity of the situation is making you feel a little helpless, here are two ways to contribute. We’ve specifically chosen non-governmental organizations focused on humanitarian aid in conflict areas: International Committee of the Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- Guess what? You already have permission to do the thing! Orit shares with us how a well-timed question to the right person can swing the doors open to your dreams (even if like Orit, that dream is literally running away to the circus…)
- Card-carrying member of the Control Freak Club (guilty as charged)? Orit’s got an interesting take on why NOT having all the answers (or the control, or the decision-making responsibility) is the key to creative solutions…
- You. Are. Not. Alone. Orit and I share our best tips on breaking free from the “I have to figure it all out myself” trap. Here’s why asking this one question is one of the best things you can do for your business…
- Bad news: head trash is part of business. Good news: all of us encounter it, so you’re far from unique. Even better news? Orit and I are sharing our own experiences and how we set our own head trash on fire and get back into gear…
- Rant Alert: you don’t have to feel ready, and it doesn’t have to be perfect. The path to progress is paved with glorious mistakes and epic faceplants! If insecurities are holding you back, Orit and I have some tips that’ll help you rock on with your badass self…
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
(17:12) Brian McCarthy
(39:01) Rachel Mazza
I have worked with people on Optimal Performance for over 30 years in many different ways.
I come from movement, performance, art, creation, and leadership.
* A trapeze artist for 25 years
* Established and directed the Free Dome Project in Binyamina 2000-2005 (First Israeli Circus Venue)
* Established and directed a Contemporary Circus Creation Center 2008-2020
* Artistic Director of the circus series at the Israeli Opera
* Artistic Director of Ein Hayam Contemporary Circus Festival in 2018
* I established and directed an international contemporary circus company from 2010-2020
Today I accompany entrepreneurs to Optimal Performance and direct the ON Creation Space – a residency space for artists in Israel.
Resources and links mentioned:
Come kick ass with me:
- If you dig the show and want to be part of bringing more awesome episodes to the world, consider buying a coffee for the production team