Let’s all just agree (at least, if you’re a fan of the show) that it’s time to ditch the tighty-whitey, wedgie-inducing formalities of old school business. In today’s episode, we’re diving deep into shaping your business to match your true self, embracing experimentation (because life’s too short for boring), and finding success on your own terms (like writing off Disney tickets as a legit business expense, because why the hell not?). If you’re ready to break free from the mundane and discover your own path, this one’s for you!
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- Give compromise the middle finger: Laura reveals how she created a business built around her personality and preferences, despite all the things you’re “supposed” to do to find success.
- Still haven’t found your thing in business? It’s time to implement the Spaghetti Strategy, my friend. Laura and I share how we learned to embrace experimentation and discover our unconventional strengths (even when everyone thought we were doomed to fail).
- You don’t have to follow “the right path!” Get the scoop on Laura’s ascent from bar fly to self-made millionaire, all while ignoring the conventional wisdom on how to get ahead. Her new book, Tough Titties, will have you rethinking what it means to be REAL and own who you are.
- Time to get shameless: Laura and I dive deep into the dreaded “pivot” and how we learned to embrace reinventing ourselves. This one’ll empower you to rewrite your entire story if you feel so inspired. (We’re giving you Official Permission™ to tell the naysayers to stay in their own boring ass lanes)
- Your reality isn’t real: I share the story about one of my most memorable performances, and how everyone mistook “drunk and anxious” for “confidence.” (If you worry what people think when you mess up, this one will change your life!)
This one is jam-packed full of awesome. Don’t miss out – listen now!
Laura Belgray is founder of Talking Shrimp, co-creator of The Copy Cure, and author of Tough Titties: On Living Your Best Life When You’re the F’ing Worst. An award-winning copywriting expert, she helps entrepreneurs find the perfect words to express and sell what they do in a way that gets them paid to be themselves. Through her work with hundreds of clients (including online biggies like Marie Forleo and Amy Porterfield) she’s seen firsthand that putting “you” into your copy and all through your business is pure magic for getting people to love you up, share your ideas, and happily click your Buy button.
In addition to online types, Laura’s list of clients and credits include NBC, Bravo, HBO, TBS, Fandango, and many, many more. So if you watch TV — and don’t skip the commercials — you’ve probably seen her words on air.
Tough Titties, her first book, comes out via Hachette in June 2023.
Resources and links mentioned:
- Laura’s Website
- Tough Titties Book
- Story Goldmine Freebie
- Talking Shrimp Freebies/ Resources
- Laura on Insta
Come kick ass with me: