After leaving his job, Kevin found himself knee-deep in the less glamorous side of entrepreneurship, flat broke (we’re talking the “car dying and pantry shelves empty” kind of broke). He wondered if he’d lost his mind in leaving behind his six-figure safety net. I love everything about this conversation, because we’re diving deep on finding the balance between “making money and hating life” and “having fun but broke AF”. If you’ve been looking for a way to have your cake and eat it too, this one’s for you.
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- Why is it so common to see people making a good living but practically clawing their eyes out from boredom? Kevin’s got a great take on chasing fulfillment vs chasing a paycheck, and it might just change your relationship with making money…
- Uncomfortable slap of truth: your worth ain’t about what you make, my friend. If you’re having trouble disconnecting your identity (and value as a human) from the dollars you make, Kevin’s got a great reframe…
- How do you set your prices? Hint: do you know WHY you charge what you charge? For anyone who’s ever struggled with setting a price (and saying it with confidence), Kevin and I have some strategies to help you get your head on straight…
- The “Reverse Engineering Regret” strategy: with so many decisions to make on any given day, how do you choose? Kevin reveals his method for picking the right path (especially the ones we sometimes miss when stuck in the shit of our day to day)…
- Mo’ money, mo’ problems: just because you’ve figured out how to rake in the big bucks doesn’t mean your problems magically disappear. Here’s what Kevin has to say about the “new level, new devil” conundrum that all entrepreneurs face…
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
I am the CFO, Founder & Co-Host of Next Level University, a Global Top 100 Self-Improvement Podcast with more than 1,400 episodes and 800K+ listens in over 125 countries.
Some people find rock bottom… I found out that rock bottom had a basement.
In my mid 20’s… I had it all. I had a beautiful girlfriend, high paying job, sports car, my dream body… but I still ended up sitting on the edge of a bed debating suicide.
After my rock bottom moment, I went all in on holistic self-improvement.
I was determined to overcome my anxiety, depression and to finally live the life I’d always dreamed of.
Years later, I now host a podcast that impacts hundreds of thousands of people in countries all over the world.
At this stage, I’ve helped grow the podcast into a multi six-figure business, and I’ve recorded well over 1,300 episodes. I’ve also given hundreds of speeches, trainings and coaching calls with people all over the world.
The main thing that changed was ME. I focused on learning what I didn’t know (unlearning a lot too), and my life started to shift.
I love talking about Consistency, Commitment, Habits, Mindset, Confidence, Fear, Relationships, Limiting Beliefs and everything in between.
I believe in a heart-driven but NO BS approach to holistic self improvement, and I look forward to teaching even more people about what it really takes to get to the next level!
Resources and links mentioned:
Come kick ass with me: