Have you ever taken a crappy job that you’d really rather flip off? No shame in that game, ‘cause we can all admit that pride ain’t gonna put food in your stomach or keep a roof over your head. But how do you balance paying the bills with taking care of yourself… especially when the ‘9 to 5’ quite literally makes you sick with stress? I absolutely love today’s conversation – Isa and I talk about flip-flopping back and forth between freelance work and full-time (read: overtime) employment. This one’s for anyone who’s ever wrestled with whether to take a job or tough it out. Listen now!
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- Failing at freelancing: sometimes when you put yourself out there, it just doesn’t stick. If you’ve found yourself wondering whether to go back to the job (or to leave the job and try freelancing 2.0), Isa and I may just have your inspiration…
- Soapbox rant time: your mental health should never be an afterthought! Let’s collectively tell hustle culture to kiss our asses… Isa and I have some tactics to help you fight the good fight.
- What happens when the safety net is feeling a little TOO safe? Isa’s incredible story reminds us that sometimes you’ve got to deliberately push yourself off that ledge, burn the boats, and daredevil dive headfirst into your dreams (screaming optional, but highly recommended)…
- Taking out the head trash: are you struggling with Impostor Syndrome? You are definitely not alone… we’ve all been caught in that trap. Isa and I have a perspective shift for you that’ll have you owning your awesomeness in no time
- #CelebrateRant: Why stash your party hat for those once-in-a-blue-moon, career-making victories? Isa and I get a little ranty on why life’s too short to save all the fun for the finish line…
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
Isa is a freelance digital strategist with over 15 years of search marketing experience. She works with clients to ensure their PR strategies align with other brand objectives using data-led search and audience insight. She also works with traditional PR professionals to help supercharge their skill sets to be SEO and PR experts.
Resources and links mentioned:
Come kick ass with me: