When Allison encountered the “Hustle Bro” and “Boss Babe” style of marketing, she really didn’t like it. Especially once she learned that a lot of those persuasion tactics are rooted in some pretty deep-seated shit that keeps a lot of people stuck and struggling. Rather than succumb to the shoulds and “yaasss, queen” toxic positivity, she created space to do business more authentically. Listen to find out how you can find success your way.
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- What nickname are you giving yourself as the leader of your business? Boss babe? Hot CEO Daddy? Allison and I have a few thoughts on how you talk about yourself.
- Do you want to be Drake or Kayne? If you’re having a bad day but there’s work to be done, how you handle it shows just how far you’ll go.
- Mall kiosks, sleazy seminars and tacky slogans — sometimes the worst example of what to do is actually the best example. Allison and I break down why your customers deserve a more personal touch.
- What metrics do you use for success in your business? Allison’s got one you’ve probably forgotten (and you don’t even need a spreadsheet to track it!)
- Back in pre-COVID days, Allison earned a reputation as the napper of her co-working space. Allison and I discuss why not taking that nap (or that break) could be hurting you more than it helps.
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
Allison Carpio is an author, speaker, email + copy coach, and head chef at The Conversion Kitchen. She got fed up with all the fake scarcity and oppressive tactics in the email marketing world–especially from the bros and boss babes. Now, she helps her clients get off the content hamster wheel and make more consistent sales with email without the sleaze.
Resources and links mentioned:
Come kick ass with me:
Download this episode