As children, we’re used to our parents telling us we can’t do something — but what if it’s your government? Growing up in Communist East Germany, Dagmar was faced with the harsh likelihood she would never be a clothing designer. So she set off on a parallel path with one guiding thought — “at some point I can switch.” And she did just that! If you’ve ever felt something in your soul telling you to do a thing everyone tells you is impossible… you won’t want to miss this one!
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- “This is great! Why isn’t everybody doing this?!” What happened when Dagmar realized that the upside of being in business for yourself comes with a little downside too
- When bootstrapping is a bad idea: so many entrepreneurs wear all the hats like some sort of overwhelming badge of honor. Here’s why you can skip all that “I can do it all by myself” nonsense
- Does undoing a business decision mean you’re a failure? Dagmar shares the mistakes she made (and unmade) along the way
- The two key components to entrepreneurship: what you do with these can make or break your business
- “Why can’t I just be ‘normal’? Why can’t I just be everybody else that I graduated with who got a job and has a career now?” — Great news! If you’ve ever thought this, you might be an entrepreneur!
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
Dagmar Spichale is the founder of her namesake brand of everyday luxury dresses with a passion for helping women to look gorgeous from AM to PM with just a switch of their jacket or shoes. For more style inspiration, updates, or to receive a free copy of her popular style guide, visit www.dagmarspichale.com.
Resources and links mentioned:
Come kick ass with me:
Download this episode