I’m too old, too tired, I don’t have time… (the list goes on and on). Why do we all seem to have the same laundry list of excuses for not going after what we want? Dave and I are ready to kick down walls and set fire to all the self-sabotaging and limiting beliefs holding people back. And if you hear some of your fave go-to excuses come up in our ranting… know we see you and still support you, ‘cause #beentheredonethat. If you’re ready to leave the “I don’t have time” excuse behind, this one’s for you. Listen now!
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- What do you do when life spins out of control and you’re locked in the grip of addiction? Dave shares his journey through adversity, and it’s a powerful testament to finding opportunity in the middle of life’s most desperate challenges…
- Butterfly effect in FULL effect: Dave shared with us a chance encounter that transformed his entire life (Hint: it involves a totally non-weird eye lock at a Tony Robbins event). Tune in and you’ll realize you’re influencing more than you think…
- How much does kindness cost? (Spoiler Alert: It’s zero!) Dave’s story, which includes a lot of Girl Scout cookies, will make you question the power of kindness and the ripple effect it has on others…
- Ever caught yourself saying, “But I can’t do X, Y, or Z”? Dave and I are calling BS on the self-imposed barriers and helping you uncover your hidden potential. If you haven’t found your thing yet, this will help you get there…
- Opportunities are knocking constantly, but are you in the right headspace to answer? Sometimes, all it takes is asking yourself one simple question to catch them…
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
Dave Albin was born in 1954 at Queen of Angels Hospital in Hollywood, California to a single mother.
He was adopted by his Aunt & Uncle on his mother’s side at the age of 5. His adoptive parents told Dave they were not his parents at the age of 11.
Later that year both his adoptive parents started drinking.
This is where Dave’s life took a hard turn.
Dave tried alcohol at the age of 11. By the time he was 14 he was experimenting with hard drugs.
Grossly addicted to drugs and alcohol he joined AA some 20 years later in June 1988.
This is when Dave was introduced to the personal development industry. He attended a seminar with Tony Robbins in 1995 where he did his first firewalk.
Dave went on to work for Tony Robbins for just shy of 20 years as Tony’s Firewalk Captain.
Dave retired from the Anthony Robbins Companies in 2014 shortly after GOOGLE hired him to put on an event for them.
Firewalk Productions, LLC was born in 2014.
Dave has done gigs for NASA, Heineken, The Entrepreneurs Organization (EO), RE Max, Chick-fil-A, Pruvit, Google, NI, NC Chiropractic Association, Isagenix, Heineken, Boone, Blowing Rock, Ashe and the Caldwell County Chamber of Commerce, Wayne Dyer, T Harv Eker, CRISP Video, Y.M.C.A., NATE BAILEY, Tony Robbins and many others.
Dave currently lives in the Appalachian Mountains in Ashe County North Carolina.
(02:41) Tony Robbins
Resources and links mentioned:
Come kick ass with me:
- If you dig the show and want to be part of bringing more awesome episodes to the world, consider buying a coffee for the production team