After finding himself miserable in his successful accounting career, Dan courageously gave himself permission to ‘play his own game’ and dive head-first into the wild and wonderful world of entrepreneurship – and he hasn’t looked back! Now he’s on a mission to help others break free from the shackles of the outdated ‘one size fits all’ business model and create a unique system that actually works for them. This is an episode you don’t want to miss.
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- As a self-proclaimed “pro napper,” I’m here to confirm it’s 100% safe to throw out the old fashioned work, work, work hustle culture, and embrace the power of catching some Z’s. Join Dan and I as we uncover why a little catnap can be your secret weapon if you’re feeling stuck and uninspired…
- Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda… 3 sucky words that have a lot of heavy, unhelpful emotion attached. What if you throw them out and give yourself permission to listen to your gut? (Pro tip: ignore the gurgles, they can’t be trusted.
- Truth Time: Everything in life comes with a price tag. Whether it’s cash, time, or energy, you gotta pay to play. So how do you figure out the best way to invest? Dan’s got a handy framework to help you hit the ground running.
- Ah, freedom – the ultimate carrot on a stick for us entrepreneurs. It’s the elusive thing we’re forever chasing and what ironically, often leaves us feeling trapped. If you’re nodding your head, then tune in because Dan is a man with a plan (and he’s gonna share it with you!)
- Do you set your prices based on the amount of hard work, hustle, and hours you put in? We need a word, my friend. Dan shares how he breaks down how (and why) to throw out the musty, outdated “trading your time for dollars” mentality!
- Stop “shoulding” on yourself… just because the “world” likes to tell you there’s ONE singular path to success doesn’t mean you’re doomed to a life of failure and humiliation if you dare forge your own. Dan and I share how we learned to play a completely different game…
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
A serial entrepreneur since birth, Dan Nicholson took a detour through the “conventional” model of graduating summa cum laude with degrees in accounting and information systems, completing a fellowship at the Governmental Accounting Standards Board, working at Deloitte and various Fortune 500 companies, and being named to the 40 Under 40 list of global accountants four times. One day, Dan woke from his cloud of dissonance, tired of the corporate drudgery of meetings about meetings and future meetings. Now, he takes the conventional and applies it to the non-conventional by helping purpose-driven entrepreneurs achieve financial certainty.
Dan is the founder of multiple companies across finance, accounting, and software, but his real passion is teaching entrepreneurs and small business owners. He is the founder of CertaintyU and creator of a 20-week entrepreneurial education course and certification, Certified Certainty Advisor. The course teaches the concepts, principles and action steps to becoming an extraordinary leader and reaching the top 1% of your industry. He is also author of the USA Today and WSJ Best Seller, Rigging The Game: How To Achieve Financial Certainty, Navigate Risk and Make Money on Your Terms, and the host of the popular podcast, Rigging the Game, and lives in Seattle with his wife and two daughters.
Resources and links mentioned:
Come kick ass with me:
Leave a Comment