How many of us feel the pressure to be the BEST of the best at what we do? Newsflash: it takes a whole lotta energy and effort to be the best… and frankly neither Brian nor I want to work that hard. Brian has boldly declared, “I’m happy with being good enough” (a sentiment I fully cosign). He’s cracked the code on balancing work and family and building a business he actually enjoys, and he’s sharing it today. Listen now!
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- Lemme introduce you to a little thing called “creative borrowing”. Brian and I share the weirdest and wildest places we’ve snagged inspo from when building our own businesses (and we’ll show you how to do a little creative borrowing of your own)…
- Broken record alert: success doesn’t come with a one-size-fits-all manual! I’m gonna pound that drum until it’s burned into your brain. If you’re searching for the “magic pill” that brings success, then Brian and I have some good news (and bad news) for you…
- Lighting old school leadership on fire: being the boss isn’t about telling people what to do and having all the answers. Here’s what it REALLY means to lead your people (and it’s a lot simpler than it might seem)…
- Ever hustled for that dream biz only to build a 24/7 stress factory? Been there, done that. Brian and I share our best tips to keep yourself from accidentally recreating the dreaded J-O-B as you’re growing your business.
- Angie in the hot seat? Brian flips the script, dropping a question on me: How do you know when to chase a dream or slam on the brakes? Here’s my take…
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
Brian Glass is a personal injury lawyer in Fairfax, Virginia. After a decade of practicing law across town from his dad, he joined Ben Glass Law in 2019 to run the auto accident section of the practice.
Brian’s greatest hits as a lawyer include a $3.4M medical malpractice verdict (2019), the record-setting settlement of a minor’s wrongful death case in Virginia ($5.5M in 2020), and the largest auto accident verdict in the state in 2022. ($3.4M in compensatory damages and $1M in punitive damages). He is highly skilled at distilling complex problems into simple, understandable solutions.
Brian is the rare trial lawyer who is as comfortable building a business as he is in the courtroom. Over the past four years, he has quadrupled the revenue of the auto accident section at Ben Glass Law and has big plans for the future. Brian credits this growth to hiring the right people into the correct position, running the firm on EOS/Traction, and alignment of vision between he and Ben. His business acumen has led him to be interviewed on the Tribe of Millionaires, Law Firm Movers and Shakers, and Millionaire Mindcast podcasts.
In 2023, he joined Great Legal Marketing as the organization’s president. Great Legal Marketing is the premier program for lawyers in solo and small firm practices to learn to grow their businesses.
Brian runs Time Freedom for Lawyers, a podcast dedicated to teaching other lawyers and high income professionals how to win back some of their time by running more efficient businesses, investing in real estate, and crafting the vision of their own perfect life.
Brian’s perfect life includes coaching his three boys in soccer, baseball, and whatever other athletic endeavor they want to pursue; traveling the world with his wife of 13 years; and competing in endurance events. Brian is a finisher of the Umstead 100 Mile Endurance Race, the Laurel Highlands 71 Miler, and about two dozen other ultramarathons. Lately, parenting has cut short his training timeline and he focuses on Crossfit and Spartan races, with a 2023 goal of traveling to Sparta, Greece to compete in the Spartan Race World Championships.
Resources and links mentioned:
Come kick ass with me:
- If you dig the show and want to be part of bringing more awesome episodes to the world, consider buying a coffee for the production team