There’s something to be said for jumping right in with both feet and burning the boats. Thankfully Hillary runs a little more my speed… that is, taking our time to think through angles and obstacles. The great news is that it doesn’t matter how fast you go – just KEEP GOING. If you’ve been feeling the pressure to make the magic happen right away with your biz, listen to learn what’s achievable when you take a slow and steady approach.
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- Should you still be friends after a business “break-up?” Spoiler alert — YES! Hillary and I break down why it’s in your best interest to be a friendly ex.
- One of my life mottos is “Take no shit, but do no harm.” Here’s how you can use it as a personal AND business mantra… especially when it comes to building a deeper bond with your clients.
- Put the pitchfork down, slowly back away, and take a deep breath… When it comes to aggravating client situations, we’ve got some strategies to help you and your client find a way forward (this one is a much better solution than burning it all down, I promise).
- Susie Sunshine is full of crap: forget the “power of positive thinking” because that BS will only get you so far. Here’s how Hillary and I navigate communication challenges and set expectations in a way that only increases our clients’ respect for us.
- Have an awesome business but no customers? According to Hillary, now is the time to bust out your drums and get to banging on ‘em. Even if you don’t get customers right away, what you get from the strategic brag can be just as valuable….
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
Hillary Weiss is a creative director, positioning coach, and founder of Statement Piece Studio @ hillaryweiss.com. She’s also the co-host of the cult-favorite Youtube marketing talk show Hillary and Margo Yell at Websites (#HAMYAW), and has had her work featured on Business Insider, The Next Web, The Observer, and more. Since 2011, she’s helped thousands of brands all over the world get seen and heard (and make serious cash) through her 1-1 client work, writing, coaching, and videos. Nowadays, she’s on a mission to help more small businesses define their “statement piece”, a.k.a. the bold point of view that makes them radically relevant to their perfect people.
Wanna know more? Catch her riffs on all of the above on her blog, or say whaddaaap! to her on Twitter @hcweiss.
Resources and links mentioned:
- Hillary’s site
- Hillary’s Instagram
- The Statement Piece Framework: https://hillaryweiss.com/statementpieceframework
Come kick ass with me:
Download this episode