Leticia found a lot of success but she also had a ton of challenges. When the massive company she worked for started to go under, she knew she needed to make a change. That’s how she wound up making her way back to the family business and found the power she needed to be in control of her journey. Leticia shares the lessons she’s learned from both failure and triumphs that you can use to be the boss in your biz.
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- Celebrating a potential lay-off with a cruise: why Leticia didn’t waste time waiting around for the axe to fall (this is a total power move, and you can do it too!)
- I like to do yoga with llamas, Leticia likes to pop champagne: why it’s so important to take time to celebrate every moment in entrepreneurship, big and small.
- When things felt off with a client, Leticia trusted her gut to keep things out of the gray area. Her story is a brilliant example of why listening to your intuition (especially when you’re new to biz) is more important than making the deal.
- Could failing a little more get you closer to finding success? When taking the big leap and NOT getting what you were going for can be a powerful advantage.
- What stories are you hiding from in your business? What happened when Leticia and I stopped hiding from who we are and embraced it fully (hint: what you find shameful might actually be a huge advantage).
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
With 25 years of Telecom experience, Leticia Latino went from working for Merrill Lynch and Telecom Giant Nortel Networks to accepting the challenge of extending the legacy of establishing her family business in the US back in 2002. Neptuno Group was originally founded by her father in 1972 in South America where they helped deploy some of the first Cellular Networks in the region and where they have built over 10,000 Towers.
Leticia is a recipient of several recognitions including ‘Women in IoT’ award by Connected Magazine, ‘Revolutionary CEO’s’ by Aspioneer and as one of this years Most Admired Women Leaders in Business in by CIO Look. She was recently received recognition as one of the “Outstanding Business Leaders of 2021” by Business Stalwarts. Her commitment to innovation has led her company to be a finalist in the Certiﬁed Women’s Business Enterprises (WBENC) 2019 WeInnovate! Program for Neptuno’s Reality Capture and Artificial Intelligence solution. She served as a full member of the Federal Communications Commission’s Broadband Development Advisory Committee (BDAC) and as the Chaired the Job Skills and Training Working Group for a two year term (2019-2021).
In addition, Leticia is a published author (Women in Business, Leading the Way), motivational speaker, mentor to young women and a big advocate of nurturing “Human Connections” through her Back2Basics Podcast, where she has had the opportunity to interview high profile personalities such as Marketing Guru Seth Godin and Sounds true Founder Tami Simon and former FCC Commissioner and WIA’s CEO Jonathan Adelstein.
Resources and links mentioned:
- Leticia’s site
- Leticia’s podcast
- Books mentioned
Come kick ass with me:
Download this episode