The climb to becoming the “guru” or the “go-to” can seem like an unscalable mountain. After 16 years in business and working with thousands of entrepreneurs, Mícheál has made that climb. The key to his success? He didn’t wait to be anointed an expert… he focused on establishing it at each step along the way. This episode is full of gems to transform your mindset to become the expert (hint: you’ve already got expertise in at least a couple things just by surviving this long).
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- Blunt friends make the best friends — especially for entrepreneurs. I share a story of how a reality check got me out of my self-induced fear cycle.
- How is it possible that a person with one year of experience and one with ten years of experience can BOTH be considered an expert? Mícheál’s got the answer… and time has nothing to do with it.
- Business myth I want to set on fire: you have to work incredibly hard, hustle and grind every single day, otherwise you’re not going to be successful. Mícheál and I break down how you can use patterns to grow, scale, and ultimately make business easier for you.
- What’s the difference between a $20,000 service and one that costs $10,000? Mícheál and I go into how to pick what you want to make and build value. If you’ve been afraid of raising your prices, you need to hear this.
- Want to use your business to make the world a better place? Here’s where to start, according to Mícheál… (spoiler alert: you might not be able to change the whole world, but you can still have a huge impact).
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
My name is Mícheál O’Neill, and I help experts, coaches, and thought leaders transform their knowledge and expertise into a profitable, leveraged, impact-driven, online business.
Entrepreneurship and business building has always been in my blood.
From my first business selling bundles of fertilizer bags from our farm to a local fuel merchant, my early school years selling ice pops to my classmates at lunchtime, through to making a 75% mark up on selling singles from a pack of 20 in high school (fully legal but not something I now realize wasn’t in anyone’s best interest!) My college years saw me branch into many different money-making schemes when at 21 I started my first official business,
In fact, by 23, I had become the largest single provider of Start Your Business Courses in Ireland, providing training to thousands of entrepreneurs on behalf of state agencies mandated on behalf of the Government to foster entrepreneurship in Ireland.
Working with my brother, I took the consultancy and training business we started when I was 21 from start-up to multi-million-dollar business, in a tiny professional niche, building a team of 25 along the way. When we realized that our business model would limit our future growth, we began the process of migrating from a traditional bricks-and-mortar business to a scalable, leveraged, online knowledge business.
In a few years, we built our recurring annual membership and information product revenue from 0 to just shy of $1,500,000. Through this process, I fell in love with the beautiful simplicity of the online business model. Everywhere I looked, I saw opportunities for business owners to take all that I had learned and not just create a better life for themselves, their family, their team but to create an even bigger impact by reaching a wider audience and leveraging the business model to create even more profound transformation in those they reach.
When I realized that I could no longer contain my passion for helping people build online businesses, I took the painful decision to exit the company I started. I now dedicate myself to my mission of helping experts, coaches, and thought leaders, transform their knowledge and expertise into a profitable, leveraged, impact-driven, online business.
Resources and links mentioned:
Come kick ass with me:
Download this episode