Jimmy takes over? In an interesting twist, this episode kicks off with Jimmy interviewing me…on my own damn podcast?! Things just kept weirder from there. Whoopee cushions, freak flags and giant pies… who knows what will happen? Lest you think we didn’t talk about business at all, this one’s all about overcoming expectations and showing up as you are in your business.
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- Jimmy’s secret to booking high-end clients? It’s not WHAT he knows, and it’s not WHO he knows. Instead, he’s got a simple approach you can start using today to get people talking about you.
- How long should it take to get a new client? Three months? Four years? Here’s when those timelines make perfect sense…
- Trying to create demand for your services with false scarcity? Jimmy has some wisdom that’ll make you want to ditch that tactic.
- FAILURE – we expect it to be absolutely brutal. Jimmy’s failure philosophy is a lot less doomsday and a lot more whoopee cushion.
- Angie rant alert: “Why are we so scared to start a business when we will literally die at somebody else’s desk?”
This one is jam-packed full of weirdness and advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
For YEARS I scraped the earth, digging for the holy grail of persuasion… because while it seems like while everyone wants to manipulate you into doing what they want, I couldn’t do it. I hated the feeling of tricking people into buying from me.
Then I realized that you can’t persuade anyone… especially if it’s your idea for them to buy. But if it’s THEIR idea to buy, then they’ll persuade themselves, and you can’t talk them out of it.
So instead of asking, “how can I persuade people do what I want?” I asked, “how do people persuade themselves to justify doing what they want?”
Because if you knew that, then you could lay out the breadcrumbs so the idea to buy becomes THEIR idea… not yours.
So ever since then, I’ve been studying the art and science of how people persuade themselves. BOOM.
Resources and links mentioned:
Come kick ass with me:
Download this episode