Alix taught us to be the hero of our own stories the first time they were on. This time we take a closer look at what your hero’s journey actually looks like. Turns out, it’s a lot of circles. Or as Alix likes to call it, “this horrible wreath of pain and learning and human experience.” Don’t worry — we lighten the mood with plenty of Disney (and singing). Listen to get the tools you need to make the most of your journey.
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- Feeling all alone in business? Spoiler alert — someone is having the EXACT same thoughts as you… and you might be able to help each other
- What is freelancing? Alix thought it was “being an employee but in comfortable clothes” and quickly discovered that misconception was a recipe for disaster. Here’s why “onsite freelancer” is a dangerous gig
- “To a hammer, every problem looks like nail.” Kinda corny, still true in business. Our past experiences filter the way we look at current problems, so here’s how to avoid the trap of behaving like an employee when you’re trying to be an entrepreneur…
- Bad news: you are almost certainly guaranteed to have more than one “worst day ever” in your business. Good news: Alix has a reframe to help you cope + salvage any golden nuggets for next time
- Scared of failing at business? Alix and I both failed (sometimes multiple times)! Hint: you can fail as many times as you need to, so long as you do THIS after…
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
My name is Alix, and I love helping people see how fricking cool they are. P.S. You’re awesome.
I’ve kind of always been like this… Quirky, weird, a whole lotta left field. Recently I’ve learned that this authentic me is actually a pretty cool person.
And what’s more, I’ve learned there are a whole lot of other people out there like me. Quirky, awesome, and completely unable to see how that makes them the coolest people ever.
So I developed a framework that helps each person tell their authentic story, as the hero.
Now I work with the coolest people I know—people like you. Business owners and entrepreneurs who are tired of feeling like they can’t be themselves and still be successful.
Resources and links mentioned:
- Be Prepared – The Lion King
Come kick ass with me:
Download this episode