Nothing takes the bite out of an impending root canal like busting some moves around the dental office chair, am I right? That’s just one of the many ways our guest Asha spreads joy and puts a smile on people’s faces. It’s easy to get caught up in the fast-paced rat race, which can make taking care of yourself and pursuing your own happiness can be a challenge. In this episode, we dive into the importance of listening to your own needs and following your intuition. This episode is a must-listen!
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- Uncomfortable truth: people are out here changing careers like they change their underwear… so why do you have to pick a thing and stick with it? Asha and I reveal what happened when we let go of what we “had” to be and dared to change things up.
- Quote of the day: ‘Do you think I’m unprofessional now just because I said fuck and we went to Disney?’ Here’s why my clients love the fact that I’m a sweary chick (even though my F-bombs make others run screaming into the night)…
- Fill that cup UP, yo: you don’t have to wait until you’ve earned it to find some joy and happiness in your work. In fact, that joy will help you do your BEST work. Asha shares what happened in her business when she decided to (literally) shake things up…
- Hi, it’s me (your body)! I’m the problem! Real talk: if you’re regularly feeling chronically stressed, overwhelmed, and exhausted, your body is trying to tell you something. Asha and I show you what can happen if you ignore signals in the name of “being a professional”…
- Ever hear of sunk costs? Don’t chain yourself to a sinking ship just because you’ve invested a lot of time and money into keeping it afloat. Whether it’s been 25 years or 25 days, Asha and I share why it’s better to let go of things that no longer serve you…
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
Dr. Asha Rani is a practicing periodontist in NYC. She received her dental degree from the Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine in 2003 and completed her periodontal residency training at the Manhattan VA Hospital. Through her years of surgical practice it became apparent that patient care went far beyond simply diagnosis and treatment. It has become her mission to integrate wellness into dentistry and incorporate a more holistic approach to relieve patient anxiety. Asha brings her joy for dance into her practice and the simple act of dancing thirty seconds of freestyle with her patients has opened up a human connection that is rarely seen in healthcare.
In addition to private practice, she is a professor for a conscious implant training program which teaches implant surgery to dentists in the Dominican Republic. While abroad, she also volunteers her services to participate in Revive Mission, a dental mission serving the underprivileged communities in remote villages of DR.
Asha is passionate about integrating personal wellness into daily life. She lectures on mindfulness to dental students and residents who treat PTSD patients. She completed an 8 week training in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, the only approved evidence based program in the country to assist people with stress, anxiety, depression and pain. She is certified in Reiki Level 3 which is a form of alternative medicine to encourage emotional and physical healing.
Outside of dentistry, Asha enjoys writing and in 2023 she published her first book titled, Who Is She? It is a memoir/self-help book about the journey beyond being a mother, wife, and daughter. Her book was a #1 Best Seller on Amazon in addition to ranking #1 New Release in four categories. In addition to writing, she is also a public speaker and enjoys sharing life stories. She most recently took the stage at the SPEAK Event \ in New York, and continues to speak on topics important to her. As an entrepreneur and mother of three children, she strongly believes in the importance of self care and prioritizes her daily life with a complete mind body soul approach to wellness.
Resources and links mentioned:
Come kick ass with me:
Leave a Comment