Laurie-Ann’s path to becoming a kick-ass public speaker started with a baby step — looking people in the eyes as a painfully shy teenage clerk at the grocery store. Laurie-Ann recognized at a young age that all the things that didn’t come naturally were just habits she could develop. If you’ve been thinking you don’t have the natural skills for biz, this episode’s for you.
Can’t-Miss Moments From This Episode:
- What to say when someone asks, “Have you done this before?” (Hint: your answer shouldn’t be NO even if you haven’t done this before). Check out Laurie-Ann’s translation – the REAL meaning behind the ask – and use it to leverage your way into a new future!
- How do you get started when you don’t know where you’re going? Check out Laurie-Ann’s “start at the end” trick… this one is guaranteed to get you unstuck.
- Being your own boss: the powerful mental exercise Laurie-Ann uses to motivate herself to get things done, even on days when she’s resisting with every fiber of her being. (If you’re a solopreneur, I think you’re gonna dig this one)
- Awkwardness alert: Laurie-Ann was excited to give her first public speech, but when it came time to close, all she had was, “Okay. Now, I’m done.” Here’s how she embraced (instead of avoiding) the awkwardness and used it to keep moving forward through the discomfort.
- “Is what it is.” *cough* BULLSHIT *cough* We don’t subscribe to that nonsense around here. Laurie-Ann’s story is proof of just how far a different (dare I say more kick-ass?) mindset can take you.
This one is jam-packed full of advice. Don’t miss out – listen now!
Laurie-Ann Murabito, Business Mentor & Speaking Strategist, working with clients to communicate with confidence and leverage speaking opportunities and be positioned as the expert, attract high-end clients and monetize their authority.
She’s a reformed painfully shy gal who accidentally became a professional speaker.
Laurie-Ann combines her 25 years as an award winning speaker, Master Coach and obsession with her client’s results.
She’s the best selling author of, Rethink Leadership and Rethink Your Leadership and host of the Be In Demand Podcast.
A few of her clients are Fortune 500 and 1000 companies such as Johnson & Johnson, American Towers along with the American Cancer Society, Bay State Wealth and many online entrepreneurs, who are changing the way business looks today.
Resources and links mentioned:
Come kick ass with me:
Download this episode